Saturday, May 2, 2009

Scrub Sales! Among other things...

So both The Soap Box Co. and Scent Addict are having sales on Arcana sugar scrubs. Needless to say, I splurged... I'll post reviews as soon as they arrive. I got Arcana scrubs in Little Ghoulie, Madame Lapin, Marshmallow, and Sweet Milk, and Villainess scrubs in Kill Switch and Ennui. But I am kicking myself for not ordering this one -- it was out of stock when I placed my order:
Arcana Chocolate scrub, as described on The Soap Box Co.'s website:
Chocolate Scrub (Limited Edition): The scent of creamy chocolate combines with raw organic cocoa powder, shea butter, cane sugar, and the delectable bittersweetness of French cocoa absolute. Use in shower or bath massaging into skin using circular motions for maximum exfoliation. Rinse well. (sucrose, sunflower oil, shea butter, castor oil, palm kernel oil, emulsifying wax nf, raw powdered cocoa, French cocoa absolute, proprietary blend of essential oils and fragrance oils.) 10oz.
As a veteran scrub addict, I'm already planning my next set of orders, and there are a few more items on my to-try list. I've never ordered anything from Haunt, but their Cinnamon Girl Sugar Polish sounds appealing:

creamy vanilla, sticky molasses, and fresh coconut shreds, lit with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and nutmeg. (white sugar,brown sugar,Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Prunus avium (Cherry) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Mangifera indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Cetyl Alcohol NF, Emulsifying Wax NF, fragrance, vitamin E, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol) 6oz.

My one quibble is that Haunt charges $11 for 6oz -- only a dollar less than Arcana charges for 10oz. In between the two is Villainess, my very favourite scrub and soap co. Pearl Diver, Villainess's luxurious and super-scrubby salt scrub (used to buff away calluses!) smells like "A delicate play of bergamot and jasmine, orchid and pikaki, over a sensible wash of sandalwood and salty kelp." It's one of my favourites -- the scent is so delicate, and the blend of four salts helps to remove my industrial-strength foot calluses as well as exfoliating.
But I'm really looking forward to Brooke's exclusive scent for Magical Omaha, Blackout:
Characteristic Scent: Dark cocoa with opoponax, blackened with patchouli, cyanide, and a breath of aniseed. Ingredients are not available
Apparently it smells like evil Dr. Pepper!

---
LINKS OF NOTE:

No comments: